***Due to COVID-19, most of our events are now online. Please join our Atlanta Meetup group for more information, and be sure to follow us on social media***
Black Nonbelievers (BN) is a 501 c3 non-profit organization. Headquartered in the Atlanta area, we connect with other Blacks (and allies) who are living free of religion and might otherwise be shunned by family and friends in a caring, friendly, and informative environment. Instead of accepting dogma, we determine truth and morality through reason and evidence.
The mission of Black Nonbelievers is to:
• Provide secular fellowship.
• Nurture and support nonbelievers in “coming out” (ie, openly identification).
• Promote pride in the atheist/nonreligious identity.
• Organize members for charitable causes and a variety of events.
Black Nonbelievers welcomes all regardless of age, gender identity, sexual identity, national origin, and racial identity.
Follow and subscribe to BN on social media!
Facebook: Black Nonbelievers
- Black History Month 2023Greetings! Black Nonbelievers is proud to celebrate Black History Month in 2023. And we are especially proud of the contributions that Black atheists, freethinkers and humanists have made to our communities and the world. If you would like to learn more about the lives and work of these iconic figures, we highly recommend “Black Freethinkers: …
- Happy New Year!Greetings! If it has not been said enough already, Happy New Year! I hope that your 2023 is off to a wonderful start, even as we weave through the tense climate in the world today. January is a month that is monumental, with the annual celebrations of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, and National …
- What a Privilege and Honor To Work With YouGreetings, I hope your holiday season is going well. On December 5th, five affiliate organizers dissociated from BN. They issued a statement for their reasons that same day. I will disclose that I reacted to a personal matter during this year’s BN SeaCon, and while it was independent of the official events, it did impact …